More From Rainer Maria Rilke
- "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
- "A person isn’t who they are during the last conversation you had with them – they’re who they’ve been throughout your whole relationship."
- "Surely all art is the result of one’s having been in danger, of having gone through an experience all the way to the end, where no one can go any further."
More In Work
- "Individuality is founded in feeling; and the recesses of feeling, the darker, blinder strata of character, are the only places in the world in which we catch real fact in the making, and directly perceive how events happen, and how work is actually done."― William James
- "The conventional definition of management is getting work done through people, but real management is developing people through work."― Agha Hasan Abedi
- "The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves."― William Hazlitt