More From R. L. Stine
- "I started writing when I was 9 years old. I was like this weird kid who would just stay in my room, typing little funny magazines and drawing comic strips."
- "Most fears are basic: fear of the dark, fear of going down in the basement, fear of weird sounds, fear that somebody is waiting for you in your closet. Those kinds of things stay with you no matter what age."
- "It’s hard for children’s authors to be accepted when they try to write adult books. J.K. Rowling is the exception because people are so eager to read anything by her, but it took Judy Blume three or four tries before she had a success."
More In Morning
- "I’m very happy with the way I look. I wake up some morning, catch myself in the bathroom mirror, and go, ‘hey girl, you’re alright’. But on the other hand, I find the website stuff, and the polls, something completely removed from my own personal life. You can’t take anything like that too seriously, otherwise you’d end up in the loony bin."― Cameron Diaz
- "I’m a believer. I don’t go to church. I don’t belong to any particular religion, but I do believe in God. I couldn’t write what I write about and be creative without a certain form of belief."― Nick Cave
- "You know, I looked at my face in the mirror this morning, and I like being old. My face has more content and when I train in the gym now, I am not training to be strong or handsome – just better than I was yesterday. These days the race is just against myself."― Jean Claude Van Damme