More From R. D. Laing
- "Madness need not be all breakdown. It may also be break-through. It is potential liberation and renewal as well as enslavement and existential death."
- "Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent."
- "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds."
More In Great
- "By taking a second wife he pays the highest compliment to the first, by showing that she made him so happy as a married man, that he wishes to be so a second time."― Samuel Johnson
- "My being gay was something of not great interest to me."― Maurice Sendak
- "It is for us to pray not for tasks equal to our powers, but for powers equal to our tasks, to go forward with a great desire forever beating at the door of our hearts as we travel toward our distant goal."― Helen Keller