More From R. D. Laing
- "There is a great deal of pain in life and perhaps the only pain that can be avoided is the pain that comes from trying to avoid pain."
- "Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent."
- "We live in a moment of history where change is so speeded up that we begin to see the present only when it is already disappearing."
More In Change
- "Very often a change of self is needed more than a change of scene."― A. C. Benson
- "I’ve always looked the same. Since I was a child, I hated having to deal with my hair. I hated having to change my clothes. As a kid, I had a sailor shirt and the same old corduroy pants, and that’s what I wanted to wear everyday."― Patti Smith
- "It becomes more necessary to see the truth as it is if you realize that the only vehicle for change are these people who have lost their personality."― Steven Biko