More From Quincy Jones
- "The climate in the ’50s and ’60s for black performers or black people in the entertainment business was atrocious. It was atrocious."
- "Imagine what a harmonious world it could be if every single person, both young and old shared a little of what he is good at doing."
- "I was raised in Chicago and I guess that was one of the special breeding grounds for gangsters of all colors. That was the Detroit of the gangster world. The car industry was thugs."
More In Family
- "In my particular instance, I came from a family that didn’t have anything. Everything I earned in life I made. Myself. With songs that I wrote."― Billy Corgan
- "For all the concern about bodies and weight, ‘Baywatch’ has three huge catering trucks on the set at all times. One for entrees, one appetizers and one for junk food."― Nicole Eggert
- "The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found."― Calvin Trillin