More From Pope Paul VI
- "Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows."
- "Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy."
- "All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
More In Peace
- "You may call for peace as loudly as you wish, but where there is no brotherhood there can in the end be no peace."― Max Lerner
- "Since creation of the E.U. a half century ago, Europe has enjoyed the longest period of peace in its history."― John Bruton
- "The power of the harasser, the abuser, the rapist depends above all on the silence of women."― Ursula K. Le Guin