More From Pope John Paul II
- "As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live."
- "I hope to have communion with the people, that is the most important thing."
- "I kiss the soil as if I placed a kiss on the hands of a mother, for the homeland is our earthly mother. I consider it my duty to be with my compatriots in this sublime and difficult moment."
More In Experience
- "The chess-board is the world, the pieces are the phenomena of the universe, the rules of the game are what we call the laws of Nature. The player on the other side is hidden from us."― Thomas Huxley
- "I don’t think people should have boundaries put on them, by themselves or society or another gender, because it’s our birthright to experience life in whatever way we feel best suits us."― Hilary Swank
- "An illness is like a journey into a far country; it sifts all one’s experience and removes it to a point so remote that it appears like a vision."― Sholem Asch