More From Paul Graham
- "Everyone by now presumably knows about the danger of premature optimization. I think we should be just as worried about premature design – designing too early what a program should do."
- "If you imagine someone with 100 percent determination and 100 percent intelligence, you can discard a lot of intelligence before they stop succeeding. But if you start discarding determination, you very quickly get an ineffectual and perpetual grad student."
More In Technology
- "U.S. nuclear technology is one of this nation’s most valuable secrets, and it should have been protected."― Charles Foster Bass
- "All the technology of our production was still pre-War. They were sort of ’38, ’39 and the War had been stable and so we were infinitely behind whatever had been going on in the United States for instance."― Gianni Agnelli
- "We are just fanatics about using the technology to make it all wonderful. We laughed at the fact that we were having such a great time working this way."― Al Jarreau