More From Paul Cezanne
- "Is art really the priesthood that demands the pure in heart who belong to it wholly?"
- "For an Impressionist to paint from nature is not to paint the subject, but to realize sensations."
- "Doubtless there are things in nature which have not yet been seen. If an artist discovers them, he opens the way for his successors."
More In Art
- "What the mass media offers is not popular art, but entertainment which is intended to be consumed like food, forgotten, and replaced by a new dish."― W. H. Auden
- "The art of life is to live in the present moment, and to make that moment as perfect as we can by the realization that we are the instruments and expression of God Himself."― Emmet Fox
- "The mediator of the inexpressible is the work of art."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe