More From Patti Smith
- "What I really like is an intelligent review. It doesn’t have to be positive. A review that has some kind of insight, and sometimes people say something that’s startling or is so poignant."
- "My mom loved rock ‘n roll. My father hated it. We couldn’t play it when he was around."
- "When I was younger, I felt it was my duty to wake people up. I thought poetry was asleep. I thought rock ‘n’ roll was asleep."
More In Freedom
- "Fulfill – you can far more than fulfill – the brightest anticipations of those who, in the name of human freedom, and in the face of threats that have ripened into terrible realities since, fought that battle which placed you where you now stand."― Robert Dale Owen
- "Hero-worship is strongest where there is least regard for human freedom."― Herbert Spencer
- "If you are for freedom and equal rights, which we hear a lot of talk about these days, then you have to include the LGBTQ community in that. And if you’re not willing to put your time where your mouth is, then I don’t know quite what you mean by commitment in your life."― Hal Sparks