More From P. G. Wodehouse
- "It was my Uncle George who discovered that alcohol was a food well in advance of modern medical thought."
- "Golf… is the infallible test. The man who can go into a patch of rough alone, with the knowledge that only God is watching him, and play his ball where it lies, is the man who will serve you faithfully and well."
- "Sudden success in golf is like the sudden acquisition of wealth. It is apt to unsettle and deteriorate the character."
More In Best
- "It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."― Napoleon Hill
- "The Supreme Court has insulted you over and over again, Lord. They’ve taken your Bible away from the schools. They’ve forbidden little children to pray. They’ve taken the knowledge of God as best they can, and organizations have come into court to take the knowledge of God out of the public square of America."― Pat Robertson
- "The advice of the elders to young men is very apt to be as unreal as a list of the hundred best books."― Oliver Wendell Holmes