More From Octavia Butler
- "The thing about science fiction is that it’s totally wide open. But it’s wide open in a conditional way."
- "Religion kept some of my relatives alive, because it was all they had. If they hadn’t had some hope of heaven, some companionship in Jesus, they probably would have committed suicide, their lives were so hellish."
- "I recognize we will pay more attention when we have different leadership."
More In Science
- "I have heard Science Fiction and Fantasy referred to as the fiction of ideas, and I like that definition, but it’s the mainstream public that chooses my books for the most part."― Jean M. Auel
- "Our science fails to recognize those special properties of life that make it fundamental to material reality. This view of the world – biocentrism – revolves around the way a subjective experience, which we call consciousness, relates to a physical process. It is a vast mystery and one that I have pursued my entire life."― Robert Lanza
- "All I’m trying to do is survive and make good out of the dirty, nasty, unbelievable lifestyle that they gave me."― Tupac Shakur