More From Norman Mailer
- "Revolutions are the periods of history when individuals count most."
- "There are four stages in a marriage. First there’s the affair, then the marriage, then children and finally the fourth stage, without which you cannot know a woman, the divorce."
- "It’s not the sentiments of men which make history but their actions."
More In Respect
- "More than anything, I think as our country matures, we recognize that women deserve to be treated with respect and dignity."― Barbara Boxer
- "Discipline is based on pride, on meticulous attention to details, and on mutual respect and confidence. Discipline must be a habit so ingrained that it is stronger than the excitement of the goal or the fear of failure."― Gary Ryan Blair
- "That’s the most important thing to me – that if I’m gonna spend however long it takes to make a movie, give up 14 hours a day for however many weeks or months, then it’s very important for me to know that I’m working with people who I respect and enjoy and that we’re going for something together."― Brad Pitt