More From Norman Mailer
- "It’s not the sentiments of men which make history but their actions."
- "In America few people will trust you unless you are irreverent."
- "There are four stages in a marriage. First there’s the affair, then the marriage, then children and finally the fourth stage, without which you cannot know a woman, the divorce."
More In Respect
- "House music is about love, and lots of hip hop is about hate and intolerance, so in that respect, it’s not good at all."― Chris Lowe
- "Appellant constituted a legitimate class of one, and this provides a basis for Congress’s decision to proceed with dispatch with respect to his materials."― William J. Brennan, Jr.
- "I respect very much the role of the media in our society; I think they can be very, very helpful. They serve as a very useful check, sort of a watchdog over the actions of the government, and I respect that."― Alberto Gonzales