More From Norman Mailer
- "It’s not the sentiments of men which make history but their actions."
- "There are four stages in a marriage. First there’s the affair, then the marriage, then children and finally the fourth stage, without which you cannot know a woman, the divorce."
- "I don’t think life is absurd. I think we are all here for a huge purpose. I think we shrink from the immensity of the purpose we are here for."
More In Respect
- "The best advice is to take it easy, respect speed limits and do not try to make up time lost in the tailbacks on the open road."― Emma Caulfield
- "I received from my experience in Japan an incredible sense of respect for the art of creating, not just the creative product. We’re all about the product. To me, the process was also an incredibly important aspect of the total form."― Julie Taymor
- "I deserve respect for the things I did not do."― Dan Quayle