More From Norman Mailer
- "There are four stages in a marriage. First there’s the affair, then the marriage, then children and finally the fourth stage, without which you cannot know a woman, the divorce."
- "Revolutions are the periods of history when individuals count most."
- "In America few people will trust you unless you are irreverent."
More In Hope
- "Families are the tie that reminds us of yesterday, provide strength and support today, and give us hope for tomorrow. No government, no matter how well-intentioned, or well-managed, can provide what our families provide."― Bill Owens
- "Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don’t give up."― Anne Lamott
- "The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds."― Will Durant