More From Norman Lamm
- "I showed that privacy was an implicit right in Jewish law, probably going back to the second or third century, when it was elaborated on in a legal way."
- "Modern Orthodoxy has a highly positive attitude toward the State of Israel. Our Ultra-Orthodox brethren recognize only the Holy Land, but not the state."
- "Judaism is an intellectually based religion, and the single most important theme is that of study."
More In Peace
- "Whatever efforts for peace President Gorbachev had in mind, they were pretty substantially undercut very swiftly by Saddam Hussein."― John Major
- "If this phrase of the ‘balance of power’ is to be always an argument for war, the pretext for war will never be wanting, and peace can never be secure."― John Bright
- "The first thing I did when I sold my book was buy a new wedding ring for my wife and asked her to marry me all over again."― Nicholas Sparks