More From Nicolas Chamfort
- "Love is more pleasant than marriage for the same reason that novels are more amusing than history."
- "Society is composed of two great classes those who have more dinners than appetite, and those who have more appetite than dinners."
- "When a man and a woman have an overwhelming passion for each other, it seems to me, in spite of such obstacles dividing them as parents or husband, that they belong to each other in the name of Nature, and are lovers by Divine right, in spite of human convention or the laws."
More In Sports
- "I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out."― Rodney Dangerfield
- "Baseball is only a game, a game of inches and a lot of luck. During a time of all-out war, sports are very insignificant."― Bob Feller
- "We’re going to have more kids playing, and we’re going to have a better chance of finding those players Minor sports in a community is for fun and recreation. For everyone."― Bobby Orr