More From Moses Mendelssohn
- "I fear that, in the end, the famous debate among materialists, idealists, and dualists amounts to a merely verbal dispute that is more a matter for the linguist than for the speculative philosopher."
- "The state has physical power and uses it when necessary; the power of religion is love and beneficence."
- "Revealed religion is one thing, revealed legislation, another."
More In Religion
- "Religion is the opium of the masses."― Karl Marx
- "But is it not the fact that religion emanates from the nature, from the moral state of the individual? Is it not therefore true that unless the nature be completely exercised, the moral state harmonized, the religion cannot be healthy?"― Harriet Martineau
- "The Lord’s prayer contains the sum total of religion and morals."― Arthur Wellesley