More From Milton Friedman
- "Every friend of freedom must be as revolted as I am by the prospect of turning the United States into an armed camp, by the vision of jails filled with casual drug users and of an army of enforcers empowered to invade the liberty of citizens on slight evidence."
- "Well first of all, tell me, is there some society you know of that doesn’t run on greed? You think Russia doesn’t run on greed? You think China doesn’t run on greed? What is greed?"
- "The Great Depression, like most other periods of severe unemployment, was produced by government mismanagement rather than by any inherent instability of the private economy."
More In Politics
- "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."― Mark Twain
- "If politics and business fail us, of course the military will be called in. In the developing world, the massive and repeated ecological disasters are quite commonly met by the military."― Bruce Sterling
- "I’m active in PAX, which is a gun awareness organization. We treat gun safety as a public health issue."― Mandy Patinkin