More From Michel de Montaigne
- "If there is such a thing as a good marriage, it is because it resembles friendship rather than love."
- "Marriage, a market which has nothing free but the entrance."
- "The value of life lies not in the length of days, but in the use we make of them… Whether you find satisfaction in life depends not on your tale of years, but on your will."
More In Faith
- "Nature has made a pebble and a female. The lapidary makes the diamond, and the lover makes the woman."― Victor Hugo
- "Great feelings will often take the aspect of error, and great faith the aspect of illusion."― Robert Burton
- "Let’s say black, the whole black religious experience, here, is very impressive to me, because when I first arrived I realized that people carry their faith with so much pride."― Boris Kodjoe