More From Michael Porter
- "The best CEOs I know are teachers, and at the core of what they teach is strategy."
- "If your goal is anything but profitability – if it’s to be big, or to grow fast, or to become a technology leader – you’ll hit problems."
- "The underlying principles of strategy are enduring, regardless of technology or the pace of change."
More In Change
- "I get satisfaction out of seeing stuff that makes real change in the real world. We need a lot more of that and a lot less abstract stuff."― Temple Grandin
- "It’s interesting to feel the pressure of having to be outgoing, because I think in general, as a human being, I’m pessimistic and introverted. But, it’s cool, because it’s a whole different side of me, and I impress myself. Even at times when I think that there’s no possible way that I can be engaging, I’ll suddenly pull it out and impress myself."― Nate Ruess
- "Today in America, we are trying to prepare students for a high tech world of constant change, but we are doing so by putting them through a school system designed in the early 20th Century that has not seen substantial change in 30 years."― Janet Napolitano