More From Michael Pollan
- "In corn, I think I’ve found the key to the American food chain. If you look at a fast-food meal, a McDonald’s meal, virtually all the carbon in it – and what we eat is mostly carbon – comes from corn."
- "The things journalists should pay attention to are the issues the political leadership agrees on, rather than to their supposed antagonisms."
- "Anyway, in my writing I’ve always been interested in finding places to stand, and I’ve found it very useful to have a direct experience of what I’m writing about."
More In Food
- "I went from 118 pounds to 135 pounds in a few months. But, I still didn’t know anything about food."― Warren Cuccurullo
- "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."― J. R. R. Tolkien
- "There’s nothing like a home-cooked meal – nothing! When people ask me what the best restaurant in L.A. is, I say, ‘Uh, my house.’ It’s more intimate. Food can connect people in a forever sort of way."― Giada De Laurentiis