More From Michael Polanyi
- "Human beings exercise responsibilities within a social setting and a framework of obligations which transcend the principle of intelligence."
- "The process of philosophic and scientific enlightenment has shaken the stability of beliefs held explicitly as articles of faith."
- "Admittedly, the body of scientists, as a whole, does uphold the authority of science over the lay public. It controls thereby also the process by which young men are trained to become members of the scientific profession."
More In Science
- "We in science are spoiled by the success of mathematics. Mathematics is the study of problems so simple that they have good solutions."― Whitfield Diffie
- "Whenever you deal with science fiction you are setting up a world of rules. I think you work hard to establish the rules. And you also have to work even harder to maintain those rules, and within that find excitement and unpredictability and all that stuff."― Joel Edgerton
- "It’s very strange writing science fiction in a world that moves as fast as ours does."― Daniel Keys Moran