More From Michael Gove
- "One of the problems we’ve had is that the ICT curriculum in the past has been written for a subject that is changing all the time. I think that what we should have is computer science in the future – and how it fits in to the curriculum is something we need to be talking to scientists, to experts in coding and to young people about."
- "Unfortunately, the real achievements of children on the ground became debased and devalued because Labor education secretaries sounded like Soviet commissars praising the tractor production figures when we know that those exams were not the rock-solid measures of achievement that children deserve."
- "The single most important thing in a child’s performance is the quality of the teacher. Making sure a child spends the maximum amount of time with inspirational teachers is the most important thing."
More In Sympathy
- "Although I’m Australian, I find myself much more in sympathy with the Austrian version!"― David Chalmers
- "No matter what you’ve done for yourself or for humanity, if you can’t look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?"― Lee Iacocca
- "Any mind that is capable of real sorrow is capable of good."― Harriet Beecher Stowe