More From Michael D. Higgins
- "The mandate I have received and for which I will speak with heart and head to implement over the next seven years had its four pillars – an inclusive citizenship, equality and participation and respect in a creative society creating an excellence in everything we Irish do."
- "We need to discuss the basis of a new form of trust built on a meaningful form of citizenship appropriate for a republic."
- "Now it is time to turn to an older wisdom that, while respecting material comfort and security as a basic right of all, also recognises that many of the most valuable things in life cannot be measured."
More In Courage
- "You will find as you grow older that courage is the rarest of all qualities to be found in public life."― Benjamin Disraeli
- "I’ll know how to die with courage; that is easier than living."― Georg Buchner
- "Support the strong, give courage to the timid, remind the indifferent, and warn the opposed."― Whitney M. Young