More From Maya Angelou
- "While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also God’s creation."
- "It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength."
- "I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself."
More In Good
- "What I work hard at doing is staying on a path of being kind and showing and proving that I’m a good person to society. That’s hard. The talent, that’s a gift. I just came here like that."― Erykah Badu
- "In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by."― Lucille Ball
- "I’ve been very lucky, from the beginning. I’ve found that as long as you’re fundamentally good – as long as you’re not being bad to people – people give you a lot of room to be yourself, because being yourself is being honest. And that’s what people want to see."― Andrew Mason