More From Max Planck
- "Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realizes that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: ‘Ye must have faith.’"
- "A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."
- "It is not the possession of truth, but the success which attends the seeking after it, that enriches the seeker and brings happiness to him."
More In Nature
- "It is a sign of a dull nature to occupy oneself deeply in matters that concern the body; for instance, to be over much occupied about exercise, about eating and drinking, about easing oneself, about sexual intercourse."― David Bailey
- "Never does nature say one thing and wisdom another."― Juvenal
- "Disease is the retribution of outraged Nature."― Hosea Ballou