More From Matthew Simpson
- "If, then, faith widens the connections, it elevates the man."
- "We know the past and its great events, the present in its multitudinous complications, chiefly through faith in the testimony of others."
- "Taking it in its wider and generic application, I understand faith to be the supplement of sense; or, to change the phrase, all knowledge which comes not to us through our senses we gain by faith in others."
More In Education
- "Lawrence Ferlinghetti had a tremendous education as an artist and also an enormous knowledge of literarture."― David Amram
- "Anyone who knows history, particularly the history of Europe, will, I think, recognize that the domination of education or of government by any one particular religious faith is never a happy arrangement for the people."― Eleanor Roosevelt
- "My mom was really vigorous about making sure that we saw things and that we questioned things. Education was so important to both of my parents."― Jennifer Garner