More From Mary Wesley
- "Women’s courage is rather different from men’s. The fact that women have to bring up children and look after husbands makes them braver at facing long-term issues, such as illness. Men are more immediately courageous. Lots of people are brave in battle."
- "My father was a soldier and my mother was a great mover. She once counted up how many places she had lived in during the first 25 years of her marriage and it came to 20."
- "People try much less hard to make a marriage work than they used to fifty years ago. Divorce is easier."
More In Science
- "If we take science as our sole guide, if we accept and hold fast that alone which is verifiable, the old theology must go."― John Burroughs
- "In science the important thing is to modify and change one’s ideas as science advances."― Herbert Spencer
- "It is this conception of the unity of the human career which is perhaps the greatest achievement of historical study, since it gained a place analogous to that of natural science."― James H. Breasted