More From Mary Oliver
- "It’s very important to write things down instantly, or you can lose the way you were thinking out a line. I have a rule that if I wake up at 3 in the morning and think of something, I write it down. I can’t wait until morning – it’ll be gone."
- "I simply do not distinguish between work and play."
- "When it’s over, I want to say: all my life I was a bride married to amazement. I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms."
More In Life
- "The basic fact about human existence is not that it is a tragedy, but that it is a bore. It is not so much a war as an endless standing in line."― H. L. Mencken
- "Life is anything that dies when you stomp on it."― Dave Barry
- "I’m not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I’m not looking for the secret to life… I just go on from day to day, taking what comes."― Frank Sinatra