More From Mark Zandi
- "The FHA’s success provides strong evidence that government can and should play a role in the nation’s mortgage finance system. It also demonstrates that although government intervention in the economy during the Great Recession was messy, things would have been a lot messier without it."
- "In the fourth grade, my history teacher gave us a project: Why was the auto industry located in Detroit, Michigan? I didn’t know I was going to be an economist, but I knew I was going to do something that was involved in answering questions like that one because I thought that was a fascinating question."
- "A home is still the biggest asset that most Americans own."
More In Money
- "Language is like money, without which specific relative values may well exist and be felt, but cannot be reduced to a common denominator."― George Santayana
- "The only point in making money is, you can tell some big shot where to go."― Humphrey Bogart
- "In fact, the confidence of the people is worth more than money."― Carter G. Woodson