More From Mark Zandi
- "In the fourth grade, my history teacher gave us a project: Why was the auto industry located in Detroit, Michigan? I didn’t know I was going to be an economist, but I knew I was going to do something that was involved in answering questions like that one because I thought that was a fascinating question."
- "The FHA’s success provides strong evidence that government can and should play a role in the nation’s mortgage finance system. It also demonstrates that although government intervention in the economy during the Great Recession was messy, things would have been a lot messier without it."
- "It is hard to be enthusiastic about the economy’s prospects when house prices are falling: Households spend less, small business owners can’t use homes as collateral for loans and local governments are forced to cut jobs and programs as property-tax revenue disappears."
More In Success
- "No one ever attains success by simply doing what is required of him."― Charles Kendall Adams
- "The secrets of success are a good wife and a steady job. My wife told me."― Howard Nemerov
- "My own early experiences in war led me to suspect the value of discipline, even in that sphere where it is so often regarded as the first essential for success."― Herbert Read