More From Mark Zandi
- "The most important point is, in a time of crisis, there is no way out but for the government to be bold and aggressive."
- "Potential home buyers have a two-step decision process. First, they determine whether they can afford to make a purchase – does their income safely cover their mortgage payment? Then they determine whether owning is a better financial choice than renting – are the costs of owning a home lower than the cost of renting it?"
- "It has become fashionable to rail against government intervention in the economy, and the FHA is a favorite example by those trying to show the government’s overreach. In reality, the FHA shows how government action during the Great Recession forestalled a much worse economic fate."
More In Success
- "No, writing musicals is the hardest thing in the world. And it was really funny, because I remember when the South Park movie came out, there were some critics that said, ‘Well it’s obvious that in order to get it to be 90 minutes they filled some time with music.’"― Trey Parker
- "Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success."― Christopher Lasch
- "I think people often confuse success with fame and stardom."― Brenda Blethyn