More From Mark Twain
- "The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up."
- "It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them."
- "My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it."
More In Education
- "Nature has always had more force than education."― Voltaire
- "When I was in school, my mother stressed education. I am so glad she did. I graduated from Yale College and Yale University with my master’s and I didn’t do it by missing school."― Angela Bassett
- "To know one’s self is wisdom, but not to know one’s neighbors is genius."― Minna Antrim