More From Maria Montessori
- "Establishing lasting peace is the work of education; all politics can do is keep us out of war."
- "If education is always to be conceived along the same antiquated lines of a mere transmission of knowledge, there is little to be hoped from it in the bettering of man’s future. For what is the use of transmitting knowledge if the individual’s total development lags behind?"
- "We cannot create observers by saying ‘observe,’ but by giving them the power and the means for this observation and these means are procured through education of the senses."
More In Respect
- "My dad’s a scratch golfer and I’ve got the knack of seeing something and then replicating it. I saw my dad swing a club and I worked out how to do the same thing. My backswing and follow-through have been basically the same since I was two."― Rory McIlroy
- "The Supreme Court, of course, has the responsibility of ensuring that our government never oversteps its proper bounds or violates the rights of individuals. But the Court must also recognize the limits on itself and respect the choices made by the American people."― Elena Kagan
- "The advertisements in a newspaper are more full knowledge in respect to what is going on in a state or community than the editorial columns are."― Henry Ward Beecher