More From Margaret J. Wheatley
- "Too many problem-solving sessions become battlegrounds where decisions are made based on power rather than intelligence."
- "I think a major act of leadership right now, call it a radical act, is to create the places and processes so people can actually learn together, using our experiences."
- "Even though worker capacity and motivation are destroyed when leaders choose power over productivity, it appears that bosses would rather be in control than have the organization work well."
More In Birthday
- "I’m not materialistic. I believe in presents from the heart, like a drawing that a child does."― Victoria Beckham
- "Only then, approaching my fortieth birthday, I made philosophy my life’s work."― Karl Jaspers
- "At her birthday, my seven-year-old daughter will say that she wants these big cakes and certain expensive toys as presents, and I can’t say no to her. It would just break my heart. But when I was little, for birthdays we just played outside and we were happy if we got any cake."― Goran Ivanisevic