More From Lucy Powell
- "There’s a loss of faith in the banking system that for so long has been the backbone of prosperity and growth."
- "These are tough times and under this Tory-led government many people in Manchester are suffering and getting left behind. If elected I will use all my energy, skills, experience and knowledge to stand up for our communities and get things done for the better."
- "We need to dig deep and give people a reason to be optimistic just as Obama is doing in America. Because in the same way that outcome of the U.S. elections will change the course of events there and around the world, so too do politics here in Britain."
More In Love
- "When I sing, I feel like when you’re first in love. It’s more than sex. It’s that point two people can get to they call love, when you really touch someone for the first time, but it’s gigantic, multiplied by the whole audience. I feel chills."― Janis Joplin
- "Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love."― Stevie Wonder
- "A kiss is a rosy dot over the ‘i’ of loving."― Cyrano de Bergerac