More From Lucinda Williams
- "People let their own hang-ups become the obstacles between them and personal happiness."
- "Some of their best songs don’t have bridges and choruses. So that made me think I should trust my instincts. My songs were okay, I figured. I didn’t need to change anything."
- "If you come into success too soon, you’ll burn out and be finished before you know it. If you let the maturation process happen naturally, you’ll be happier with yourself in the end."
More In Power
- "Americans are uneasy with their possessions, guilty about power, all of which is difficult for Europeans to perceive because they are themselves so truly materialistic, so versed in the uses of power."― Joan Didion
- "Idealism is the noble toga that political gentlemen drape over their will to power."― Aldous Huxley
- "Each underestimates her own power and overestimates the other’s."― Deborah Tannen