More From Lord Byron
- "If we must have a tyrant, let him at least be a gentleman who has been bred to the business, and let us fall by the axe and not by the butcher’s cleaver."
- "I have a great mind to believe in Christianity for the mere pleasure of fancying I may be damned."
- "But what is Hope? Nothing but the paint on the face of Existence; the least touch of truth rubs it off, and then we see what a hollow-cheeked harlot we have got hold of."
More In Government
- "It was once said that the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; and those who are in the shadows of life, the sick, the needy and the handicapped."― Hubert H. Humphrey
- "The Leader of the Opposition’s constitutional obligation – the obligation to Parliament – it’s the reason we did the merger! – is to make sure Canadians have an alternative for government."― Stephen Harper
- "History, in general, only informs us of what bad government is."― Thomas Jefferson