More From Lord Acton
- "Liberty is not the power of doing what we like, but the right to do what we ought."
- "There is not a soul who does not have to beg alms of another, either a smile, a handshake, or a fond eye."
- "The science of politics is the one science that is deposited by the streams of history, like the grains of gold in the sand of a river; and the knowledge of the past, the record of truths revealed by experience, is eminently practical, as an instrument of action and a power that goes to making the future."
More In Positive
- "We work hard on the show. We really believe in the show. It’s an enormous privilege to work on a show that has the power to touch people’s lives in such a positive way. The fan mail and the e-mail certainly reflect that."― Roma Downey
- "I don’t think the objective of an abortion clinic is to try to talk women out of having the procedure. That obviously would not be positive for their bottom line."― Bob McDonnell
- "I really struggle with that feeling of helplessness. That’s why I really try to get my blogs, and even myself, to point to the positive and look at all the inspiring things that are happening."― Daryl Hannah