More From Liz Phair
- "I was trying to break out of the suburbs, and when I did break out, I don’t think I took my whole self with me – I think I played a role of being too cool and hip."
- "It was a source of shame for my family that I was in rock and roll, which is so blue-collar. It just isn’t done. And I felt it, too."
- "I’m just out of touch with new music in general, and I only know about it if I’m hanging out with someone that knows about it, or I catch it on YouTube."
More In Strength
- "I don’t like staying in hotels. I like to be in my own bed. San Diego as a city is really awesome. The only hard part of it for me is that I’m away from my family and my house. But as far as shooting down there, we get amazing locations, and the crew is really, really stellar down there. They are really fun."― Kristen Bell
- "For now, I’m just going to keep doing the work and hope I don’t get fired. If people want to put me up on their walls, I’ll love it."― Ryan Gosling
- "It is a sign of contraction of the mind when it is content, or of weariness. A spirited mind never stops within itself; it is always aspiring and going beyond its strength."― Michel de Montaigne