More From Liz Phair
- "I ended up becoming so self-conscious that my songs stopped being about my life and started being about what people thought of my music. And that was really bad."
- "The big news already broke. The file-sharing and all that stuff, it’s a done deal. And I think figuring out how to make that a fair exchange for the people that make music is still an issue."
- "That’s what music is to me. Like, stuff that I really like to play loud. And I’ve got my quiet CDs, too, that I listen to around the house, but if you can’t go there, then… Everyone gets so upset with me, I can’t win."
More In Mom
- "Take motherhood: nobody ever thought of putting it on a moral pedestal until some brash feminists pointed out, about a century ago, that the pay is lousy and the career ladder nonexistent."― Barbara Ehrenreich
- "Grades were important in our house. I was reading by two. My mom would sit there and read with me, read with me, read with me. It was wonderful."― Fergie
- "I was fortunate enough to have my kids early, so being a mom always ended up being a better gig than these other parts that came along. So I always justified not really working a lot because I had a family."― Heather Langenkamp