More From Lesley Gore
- "Really you just gotta keep chugging along and keep a positive attitude and get through all the problems. You gotta face them, otherwise you don’t get through."
- "You know, the interesting thing about having traveled around the country as much as I have, and I think it’s sort of inadvertently what made me come out or at least begin doing things within the community and thinking more about that, was that I get to travel quite a bit."
- "You know, Quincy Jones was a great mentor, but he was a man in a man’s world. Fortunately he’s a very sensitive man and a beautiful human being, and even though he was 14 or 15 years older than me, he’s a capable human being and has great communication skills."
More In Mom
- "Mom was the greatest influence of my childhood. She wanted to save me from the vice, lust, and drinking that was all about me."― Ethel Waters
- "O reason, reason, abstract phantom of the waking state, I had already expelled you from my dreams, now I have reached a point where those dreams are about to become fused with apparent realities: now there is only room here for myself."― Louis Aragon
- "My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was 13 and it was something we weren’t really aware of as a family."― Rima Fakih