More From Leonard Bernstein
- "A liberal is a man or a woman or a child who looks forward to a better day, a more tranquil night, and a bright, infinite future."
- "The key to the mystery of a great artist is that for reasons unknown, he will give away his energies and his life just to make sure that one note follows another… and leaves us with the feeling that something is right in the world."
- "This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before."
More In Nature
- "The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased."― Alexander Hamilton
- "Conservatives sense a link between television and drugs, but they do not grasp the nature of this connection."― Christopher Lasch
- "Acting has given me a way to channel my angst. I feel like an overweight, pimply faced kid a lot of the time – and finding a way to access that insecurity, and put it toward something creative is incredibly rewarding. I feel very lucky."― Ryan Reynolds