More From Leonard Bernstein
- "This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before."
- "A liberal is a man or a woman or a child who looks forward to a better day, a more tranquil night, and a bright, infinite future."
- "Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
More In War
- "I can tell you this: If I’m ever in a position to call the shots, I’m not going to rush to send somebody else’s kids into a war."― George H. W. Bush
- "Being in this business for as long as I’ve been in it, it’s sort of like living in a town or a city before the war and then after the war and then during the reconstruction and then during the time that it sprawls out to the malls."― Carly Simon
- "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."― Winston Churchill