More From Leonard Bernstein
- "Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
- "A liberal is a man or a woman or a child who looks forward to a better day, a more tranquil night, and a bright, infinite future."
- "This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before."
More In War
- "Dropping those atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a war crime."― George Wald
- "If we have an honest discussion on whether the war on poverty should be fought with welfare or with economic growth in the private sector, Democrats will lose black votes."― Alveda King
- "When I was in Pulp, I actively did more TV stuff because that was during the Great Britpop Wars, and it seemed important to prove that indie people could speak. That war doesn’t exist anymore."― Jarvis Cocker