More From Leland Stanford
- "The rights of one sex, political and otherwise, are the same as those of the other sex, and this equality of rights ought to be fully recognized."
- "Government itself is founded upon the great doctrine of the consent of the governed, and has its cornerstone in the memorable principle that men are endowed with inalienable rights."
- "Each individual member of a co-operative society works with that interest which is inseparable from the new position he enjoys. Each has an interest in the other."
More In Famous
- "Of course there have been times I regretted being the kid in ‘E.T.’ My world went completely crazy. I was that stupid kind of famous, where you can’t go anywhere."― Henry Thomas
- "I would like to prove that on TV, everyday lives can be as compelling as the life-styles of the rich and famous. Especially lives that we catch at extraordinary moments."― Jane Pauley
- "I hope this doesn’t sound pompous but I don’t think of myself as famous, whatever fame I’ve got has come through what I’ve done and associations of things I’ve done."― Peter Cushing