More From Lech Walesa
- "The politicians always told us that the Cold War stand-off could only change by way of nuclear war. None of them believed that such systemic change was possible."
- "The thing that lies at the foundation of positive change, the way I see it, is service to a fellow human being."
- "Our firm conviction that ours is a just cause and that we must find a peaceful way to attain our goals gave us the strength and the awareness of the limits beyond which we must not go."
More In Home
- "Most people compliment me on maintaining my femininity while I’m on the court. People like the fact that I model. My fans or little girls always say they want to play sports, but also want to be a model like me and I think that’s great."― Lisa Leslie
- "Performers are so vulnerable. They’re frightened of humiliation, sure their work will be crap. I try to make an environment where it’s warm, where it’s OK to fail – a kind of home, I suppose."― Jane Campion
- "I fantasize about having a manual job where I can come home at night, read a book and not feel responsible for what will happen the next day."― Jodie Foster