More From Lauryn Hill
- "Reality is easy. It’s deception that’s the hard work."
- "People need to understand that the Lauryn Hill they were exposed to in the beginning was all that was allowed in that arena at the time. I had to step away for the sake of the machine. I was being way too compromised. I felt uncomfortable having to smile in someone’s face when I really didn’t like them or know them well enough to like."
- "I do support artists standing by their beliefs and walking with integrity. We have to find a better way to commercially exploit music while giving artists their proper respect. This cannot be done while taking their contributions for granted or trying to control the scope of their growth and power through threats and fear tactics."
More In Work
- "I write to keep from going mad from the contradictions I find among mankind – and to work some of those contradictions out for myself."― Michel de Montaigne
- "The average person puts only 25% of his energy and ability into his work. The world takes off its hat to those who put in more than 50% of their capacity, and stands on its head for those few and far between souls who devote 100%."― Andrew Carnegie
- "I didn’t devote my life to acting. I give a lot to my work, but my life has always been more important."― Catherine Deneuve