More From Lascelles Abercrombie
- "The reason can only be this: heroic poetry depends on an heroic age, and an age is heroic because of what it is, not because of what it does."
- "Poetry is the work of poets, not of peoples or communities; artistic creation can never be anything but the production of an individual mind."
- "Traditional matter must be glorified, since it would be easier to listen to the re-creation of familiar stories than to quite new and unexpected things; the listeners, we must remember, needed poetry chiefly as the re-creation of tired hours."
More In Famous
- "I’d rather be able to face myself in the bathroom mirror than be rich and famous."― Ani DiFranco
- "Whereas you have someone like Houdini, who works really, really hard to get really, really famous, and then has actual intellectual ideas that he puts into the culture that stay there."― Penn Jillette
- "I really feel like it’s a travesty to make a child famous. I really do."― Joe Rogan