More From Lafcadio Hearn
- "Perhaps there is an idea among Japanese students that one general difference between Japanese and Western poetry is that the former cultivates short forms and the latter longer ones, gut this is only in part true."
- "It is true that short forms of poetry have been cultivated in the Far East more than in modern Europe; but in all European literature short forms of poetry are to be found – indeed quite as short as anything in Japanese."
- "I often imagine that the longer he studies English literature the more the Japanese student must be astonished at the extraordinary predominance given to the passion of love both in fiction and in poetry."
More In Respect
- "Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized."― Albert Einstein
- "It’s not that the Irish are cynical. It’s rather that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody."― Brendan Behan
- "Now is the time to show maximum responsibility. It is not the time to pay off old scores nor for sterile partisan recriminations. It is time to re-establish a climate of calmness and mutual respect."― Giorgio Napolitano