More From Kevin Costner
- "I know I have this level of celebrity, of fame, international, national, whatever you want to call it, but it’s a pretty surreal thing to think sometimes that you’re in the middle of another famous person’s life and you think to yourself, ‘How the hell did I get famous? What is this some weird club that we’re in?’"
- "I don’t feel the need to direct. I tried to get other people to direct Dances, but they wouldn’t do it. They all thought it was too long. One director wanted to cut the Civil War sequence. Another thought the white woman was very cliched."
- "Field of Dreams is probably our generation’s It’s A Wonderful Life."
More In Respect
- "I respect Everest very much."― Anatoli Boukreev
- "Other times you can get showy for three minutes, and that’s OK with certain films. But that isn’t right with an Ang Lee movie, you have to fit right in. You have to understand Ang, respect him and be part of the team and not be in charge of it – he is in charge of it."― Dennis Muren
- "I saw and I met a lot of people who were in the field. It also provided a context in which I came to respect what the actor did, because I saw how difficult it actually was to do."― Ron Silver